Back to Jobs
.Net - Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Technical professional who participates in design, implementation, or support of Software Products or Systems. The Senior Software Engineer provides technical input for the creation or modification of system or product components. Decisions affect success of the project or significant portions of larger projects and have impact on financial performance, image, schedules, and customer satisfaction. The Senior Software Engineer is the first level with significant independent decision responsibility and accountability, and may have leadership responsibilities, when appropriate.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer science, Master Degree preferred.
• Normally at least 4 years technical experience in .Net
• Understanding of prior position level requirements in order to guide a Software Engineer’s education of technical knowledge.
• Documented successful experience on at least one project (i.e. documented technical achievements).
• Corporate organization awareness.
• Segment organization knowledge.
• Presentation skill (ability to present to 1st and 2nd line Mgrs, internal meetings).
• Status reporting (ability to understand and report key project metrics).
• Cross team co-operation.
• Performs software activities related to the development of components of software products or solutions.
• Defines, recommends, and implements highly efficient software solutions which impact customer satisfaction.
• May lead small teams.
• Contributes to project planning activities.
• Responsible for accurate and thorough documentation of software components.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Very Good English Communication Skills
• Has professional knowledge in a specific field of software development, system/product design, and integration; typically acquired via professional experience.
• Has a thorough understanding and effectively and independently utilizes the software engineering processes, procedures and tools.
• Understands how customers utilize product/solution.
• Effectively uses teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on articulating and comparing alternative approaches to software engineering technical issues.
• Positively contributes to a high-morale/high-performance team culture.
• Effectively communicates technical and product knowledge and negotiates technical issues within and across work teams.
3. Problem Solving:
• Position requires analytical ability, creativity and judgment in analyzing and implementing timely software solutions to requirements.
• Ensures design and development incorporate reliability, security, serviceability, maintainability, usability and performance factors.
• Makes recommendations on priorities, design changes, improvements and problem resolution that impact the team or department.
• Constructively challenges and improves tools, existing processes and procedures and/or develops new tools, processes and procedures.
• Provides technical advice or leads small teams for software development projects within the team or functional area.
• Controls own work priorities and participates in development of plans/schedules/cost objectives for assigned projects / team.
• Understands and supports the mission and vision of the team/department.
• Actively participates in defining and deciding upon department/team objectives which support the changing business needs.
Impact on Business/Scope:
• Accountable for completion of individual and/or team technical objectives on or ahead of schedule while achieving or improving cost and quality objectives.
• Decisions have a direct effect on project/team objectives, and impact customer satisfaction, cost, quality and expense.
• May have budgetary responsibilities at project/ department level.